Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To be or not to be a racist, that is the question.



Let’s talk about racism, which is defined as the belief that genetic factors that constitute race, ethnicity, or nationality are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and those ethnic differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

I keep seeing that word pop up on the blog of Chaz Stevens.  First in an article related to the recently vindicated former Commissioner, Gloria Battle, and now in his rants against newly re-elected City Commissioner, Sylvia Poitier.  I have not heard any individual call him a racist, so it makes me wonder why he would jump to that conclusion.  Is it his guilty conscience or is it something a little more sinister?  I don’t know, but I wish he would stop brandishing that sword at our community before he cuts his own head off with it.


I personally stated on this blog that he seemed to be focusing on two individuals Gloria Battle and Sylvia Poitier and that he seemed to be turning a blind eye to other possible corruption within the city.  I came to this conclusion based on comments from his blog related to current Deerfield Beach Mayor, Peggy Noland and the fact that the Kessler report only reviewed a “sample of cases”, instead of auditing the entire city.  Come on, you are a self-proclaimed political watchdog and yet you sit back and watch corruption take place, but you doggedly attack two individuals and you allow a partial accounting of the city you say is so corrupt…This would mean you are either intentionally allowing a witch hunt to take place or you are incompetent.  Either way, you can’t be trusted anymore because you are not impartial and have an agenda, to which none of us are privy to.

Now you may be saying that he is just taking on two politicians at a time and that may be so, but since no one came out and actually called him a racist why jump to that.  He is consistently ridiculing others for playing the race card, but is he not doing the same.  It would seem that he is playing the “they are questioning me because they think I am a racist” card.  This does 2 things; one it throws suspicion off your true intent and second it angers a group of people energizing them to support you.  Brilliant, my good man, bloody brilliant I say! You are a genius and maybe you are a racist just not in the manner which we normally consider it.  Consider this, he consistently states how intelligent he is and how no one is as smart as he.  He is consistently belittling anyone who does not share his opinion. Maybe, just maybe he sincerely feels that he is genetically superior to all individuals in the human race, so in essence he is a racist just instead of ethnicity he is a racist against all of us regular humans.



I for one do not believe that Chaz Stevens is a racist.  I do, however, think he has some deep seeded issues, which I am sure he himself would admit to having...I know that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is welcome to comment, but all comments represent the views of the poster and not this site.