Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Allen West, Chief of Staff John Blythe: Protecting the Constitution is Not in Congressman's "Lane".

United States Congressman Allan West's Chief of Staff, Jonathan Blythe, tells 
Deerfield Beach resident that it is not the Congressman's job to uphold the Constitution.  


WOW!  


This is the oath of office required by the sixth article of the Constitution of the United States, and as provided by section 2 of the act of May 13, 1884 (23 Stat. 22), to be administered to Members, Resident Commissioner, and Delegates of the House of Representatives, the text of which is carried in 5 U.S.C. 3331:


“I, Allen West, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”


Allen West's office was asked to simply, help shed some light on the situation occurring in Deerfield Beach.  His office was not asked to look into the situation, his office was not asked to even support the assertion.  He was asked to shed some light on the situation.  See the excerpt from the email that I sent to US Congressman Allen West and many other elected Officials.  




So, this brings me to the reason that I am writing you. We believe that they are attacking one of the fundamental institutions of America and we need your help to bring light to this injustice being perpetrated against the African American community here in Deerfield beach. If you could mention something on your programs each day and/or pass this along to any of your contacts in the NAACP, ACLU, PUSH, or any other organization whose goal it is to fight for the rights of Americans and Minorities, it would be greatly appreciated. I also have a blog at www.myperspectiveis.blogspot.com where I highlight some of the things that are happening here in the City. I know that this is probably outside the purview of your jobs, but if you could do anything to help us with this situation it would be greatly appreciated. 


For a public figure like US Congressman Allen West, that could mean mentioning it on newscast, sending info to a news station, asking a favor, or anything.  His office refused and according to John, the 8,563 registered voters who quite possibly are having their Constitutional rights violated is not in the Congressman's "lane".  It is not his fault that they are without representation and therefore he cannot get involved.  Somehow John has relagated this to a local issue, how when the Constitution is an American issue, at least I thought.  I could be wrong, well at least Allen West people think so.


I expressed to him the fact that the newspapers and television media are ignoring this (for whatevereason) and I would hate if someone had to Mohammed Bouazizi the Deerfield Beach City Hall just to get someone to take notice.  I explained to him that since Allen West will be here on Wednesday June 8, 2011 at the FAU research center it would be only fair that this be brought up.


I can not in good conscience supprt anybody who would hire someone like John Blythe to represent them.  I may not be Mr. West's constitiuent but I am a fellow American.   He went to war to fight for people like me, but won't do so at home by simply whispering, or commenting on the situation to shed light on it.


Shame, Shame, Shame on you US Congressman, Allen West!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is welcome to comment, but all comments represent the views of the poster and not this site.